Thursday, October 9, 2008

Zero to Millions in 3 Years: Is it Possible?

It was a typical work day for me, browsing and surfing for stories of rags to riches. Until I suddenly stumbled in the biography of Mr. Manny Villar, Mr. Gokongwei and Mr. Henry Sy. You Probably know them, their BIG businesses, and their multi-million net worth. Some people know their story and still wonder how they did that? As I was reading their stories I was one of the people wondering if it could happen to me too. I want to find the answer if its possible for me to become a millionaire too, so I started asking questions and sadly I asked the wrong persons.

I asked my officemates if they know how to become a millionaire, and I said I want to be one before 30. But then the eyes of mockery saw me, and I became an instant clown. They laughed at me and they thought that I was really loosing my mind, they said that its “impossible” and laughed very hard. Got sad from their reaction, I turned my back and walked away. I was sad not because they laughed but I really did think it was really “impossible” and it will take some miracle of magic to do it. And the words “Pare ang ganda na ng trabaho mo, Ayos na yan. Wag mo n gawing komplikado pa buhay mo” bugged me all night. I was really bothered because back then it looked very impossible.

Still my spirit is shouting that we are all meant for greater and higher purpose here on earth and being an employee isn't my calling. So driven by persistence to defy that thinking I looked every where for answers. Until I got a chance to have a little chat with a friend of mine , a businessman inTutuban. I know that he just came out from rehab and he's just doing small business of selling assorted items as work. Or so I thought it was, he then said to me that all of the stores in the alley are all his. I was shocked because I know that he has no money even a single cent. So I asked him how long did it take him to monopolize the place? And he said laughing less than a year. It really hit me hard!!!! I got the answer I was searching for.

This guy, who I will be sharing his story later, made to literally zero money to lots of money!!! He even showed me his apartments near Divisoria. He was really making real money. And so I asked him if he could teach me to do business. But he said that I was to weak and it will take a lot of sacrifice on my part to do it. So he declined my application as an apprentice. But still I went home inspired and that kept me pushing my self searching for ways how to win the money game. I got my answer, it is possible to become a millionaire in 3 years. We must have the determination to win, discipline and and very good mentor to guide us in every step of the way.

So it is a fact that people can really do it and it is possible and it is not by magic or chance that these people became successful. It is their determination, size of their dreams that made them successful. They made their dream as a vehicle to riches. And the most important of all is have FAITH. Faith can really move mountains.

No comments: