Thursday, October 9, 2008

Zero to Millions in 3 Years: Walter , My Friend from Tutuban.

I met this guy because his brother was my officemate. He was a typical TOUGH GUY looking and have many battle scars in his face. He was a rehab patient and a former convict in Bilibid.

We became friends, after work we usually hang out with his brother. He was a typical Tondo Guy, atleast i tought he was. One night in a "inuman session" i was telling him a story about business and how i want ot do business and leave my work. He then told me that in business you need to be tough or you'll be dead meat. He qouted "Kailangan malakas Disakate mo kundi lugi ka agad." I didn't pay attention to to what he said because i thought he is just saying what he have heard from common people.

What can he possibly know about business, he's from rehab, telling my self.Until one day I swallowed every pride left inside of me.It was saturday and i need to buy a pair of pants. I heard from his brother that he has a store of garments i badly need one for work. I went to his store in Tutuban and greeted him with a usual "Pare kumusta ka nah!!!.'' So as I entered the store i didn't find what im looking for. He then said "Ah gnun ba tara punta tyo s kabilang tindahan." I obliged, and we went to this store also full of garments. Then I saw what i want. After the payment I asked Walter, "Pare kanino tong tindahan na to?." He then said come lets go outside. When we came out he said with bragging voice "Pare tingin ka mula dun s kanto hanggang dun s sakayan ng jeep, Akin lahat yan." I thought he was joking, so I laughed out loud. But he looked annoyed and asked him if he was serious and he nobbed with a frown face.

I asked him how did he do it? And where did he get the money for all of this? Because even his brother couldn't afford all the stores he has now. He said to me that it took him just less than a year to have all this businesses. I couldn't believe it, from loser to winner, from Rags to Riches. I was really impressed. I appologized, and asked him if he could teach me how to do this kind of business. He looked at me like assesing my abilities and he declined my application as apprentice. He said that i don't have what it takes to do this kind of business. It was a sad afternoon but still i went home inspired. I said to my self that if he could do it i could do it even better. So it was, unitl now i was inspired and determined to do it also only BETTER.

No comments: